Canada Botanica — Cortes Island Museum Fundraising Raffle
The raffle is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Debbi Brainerd!
The draw date is at 7:30 p.m. on September 1, 2019 (time changed from 1:30 p.m.to 7:30 p.m.) at the Cortes Island Museum, 957 Beasley Road.
This original quilt (35″ x 44″) was hand made on Cortes Island by Diane Trowbridge Elliott and donated to our museum for the raffle.
The flowers are life-sized and were drawn from life, travel plates or reference books. Hand appliqué and embroidery. Silk ribbon embroidery. “Thorns” on wild rose – machine embroidery. Hand and machine quilted.
Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20 and are available at the museum. The raffle supports our programs.
Provincial Flowers Quilt
- Alberta – Wild Rose
- British Columbia – Pacific Dogwood
- Manitoba Prairie – Prairie Crocus
- New Brunswick – Purple Violet
- Newfoundland and Labrador – Purple Pitcher Plant
- Saskatchewan – Western Prairie Lily
- Northwest Territories – Mountain Avens
- Nova Scotia – Mayflower
- Nunavut – Purple Saxifrage
- Ontario – White Trillium
- Prince Edward Island – Lady’s Slipper
- Quebec – Blue Flag Iris
- Yukon – Fireweed