Art & Music Afternoons (aka Art in the Garden)
In support of local artists and musicians, small groups of artists are invited to set up in the Heritage Garden with a display of their works – painting, quilting, pottery, weaving, drawing, collage, carving, sculpting, often with musicians playing in the background. Each event is advertised on our website, Tideline, local papers and bulletin board posters during July and August.
After a brief break due to COVID-19 in 2020 and 2021, we now have a busy 2022 summer season with Art in the Garden events. All events are on Tuesday afternoons, noon to 3 p.m.
- Jane Newman – July 5 – Assemblage
- Kristen Scholfield-Sweet – July 12 – Drum Painting
- Lisa Gibbons – July 19 – Painting
- Kathleen Pemberton – July 26 – Painting
- Filipe Figueira – August 2 – Painting
- Mansje Vlaming – August 9 – Painting
- Judith Williams – August 16 – Water Colour
- Bobbie-Gene Hanson – August 23 – Wood Flower Painting
Location: Cortes Island Museum’s Heritage Garden, 957 Beasley Road.
All events in August 2019 are on Wednesday afternoons, except for the Moving Stories Encounter, which is on a Tuesday, and Blues in the Garden on Sunday, Sept. 1.
- Wednesday, August 7, 2 to 4 p.m. – Maureen Bader, Perceptual Moment
- Tuesday, August 13, 7 to 9 p.m. – Amor Fati Ensemble, Moving Stories
- Wednesday, August 14, 2 to 4 p.m. – Loretta Tennant, Fibre Fest
- Wednesday, August 21, 2 to 4 p.m. – Meinsje Vlaming, Puppet Sculpting
- Wednesday, August 28, 2 to 4 p.m. – Meghan Hildebrand, Watercolours
- Sunday, September 1, 6 to 9 p.m. – Michael Keith, Blues in the Garden, music afternoon
Cortes Island Museum, 957 Beasley Road, Mansons Landing
Everyone welcome. Donations appreciated.