Lorquin’s Admiral (Limenitis lorquini) – This butterfly is slightly smaller (wingspan: 47 to 71 mm) than the other admirals, it is still a striking butterfly. It can easily be recognized by the orange tips of the forewing upperside. There is a white band across both wings, above and below. Females are considerably larger than males.
- Nancy Kendel on June 28, 2020, Cortes Island.
- Hannu Huskonen, at 12 p.m. on June 29, 2020, at Siskin Lane.
- Jim Murphy, June 28, 2020, Tiber Bay, feeding on …, Really loves the nectar of these flowers, cooperative for photography, and quite pretty.
More here, on this Canadian Biodiversity site.
- Twin Islands - February 9, 2021
- Murray Was Large For His Age – From Gloria Morrisette Family History - November 3, 2020
- Great Arctic - October 11, 2020