The Cortes Island Museum & Archives (CIMAS) is seeking an inventive, self-directed and organized individual to serve as the Events Coordinator at the Museum and Wild Cortes. Developing public engagement with our exhibitions, creating learning opportunities and memorable community experiences are at the heart of this role. The Events Coordinator is responsible for designing, organizing, and ensuring the delivery of summer/fall public activities and events.
This is a 240hr contract, running from June to September. Hours are dictated by the events, so flexibility is required; evening and weekend work will occasionally be necessary. Wage is $24/hr. Must have secure housing in place.
To apply for this position please email your resume to Melanie Boyle with Events Coordinator in the subject line.
The application process is open now. Interviews will be held as applications are received.
CIMAS values diversity and inclusivity and encourages individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to apply. We look forward to welcoming your application to this dynamic, creative, and rewarding position.
In collaboration with the CIMAS team, the Events Coordinator will:
- Create and coordinate CIMAS outreach activities and events which foster a sense of involvement with and excitement about the Museum and Wild Cortes
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Board to develop exhibition-related activities and events
- Reach out to and engage new audiences
- Recruit volunteers from our membership to assist with events
- Be well connected with communities on Cortes and develop activities and events with that diversity in mind
- Effectively promote events to the community